On December 15, 2011 PCIA hosted a webinar titled "Perspectives: Allocating Carbon Revenue", the fourth and final webinar in a series of PCIA and The Gold Standard Foundation webinars as part of our efforts to increase the number of cook stove projects in the CDM, Gold Standard and voluntary carbon markets.
As a roundtable discussion, panelists shared their experiences, lessons learned and best practices related to issues involved with the financial implementation of cook stove projects in the global carbon markets.
The purpose of this webinar was to:
• Various carbon revenue allocation models and the trade-offs associated with each model;
• The role of local partners and how to structure effective relationships with them;
• Ideas for overcoming challenges due the lack of transparency in the voluntary market.
• The biggest risks involved in implementing a cook stove project as a carbon offset project; and
• The various uses of carbon revenues to promote stove adoption.
You can view the full recording of the event. Slides from the webinar and Questions and Answers and moderator and panelist biographies are available in pdf format below. For more information on the Gold Standard Foundation, please see their PCIA Partner Profile at http://www.pciaonline.org/gold-standard-foundation.
|PCIA Dec 15 _Perspectives_Allocating_Carbon_Revenue.pdf||1.25 MB|
|December 15 PCIA Webinar_Panelist Bios.pdf||275.7 KB|